Sig's Simple Bubble and Squeak.
You can make Sig's Simple Bubble and Squeak using 8 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Sig's Simple Bubble and Squeak
- Prepare of Amount of leftover mash potatoes.
- Prepare of Amount of leftover sprouts, cabbage.
- It’s of Amount of leftover carrots, parsnip but optional.
- It’s Dash of butter to line a frying pan.
- You need of Leftover meats like turkey, ham or other.
- You need of Leftover sausage meat or sage and onion or chestnut stuffing.
- You need A few of pickled onions.
- Prepare Dashes of brown sauce like HP.
Sig's Simple Bubble and Squeak step by step
- Mash the sprouts, cabbage into mashed potatoes and other vegetables if using them. Melt some butter in a pan on low heat. Gently cook until almost all moisture has been absorbed, only then turn heat up. Let the bottom of the mash slightly brown, turn it, let it brown again turn, and so on until you have a slightly brown infused. Dont let it burn to much though. It kinda bubbles and squeaks during this process..
- Serve with cold meats, stuffing and pickled onion from day before. Garnish with HP sauce if so desired..
recipe by Sigrun @cookpad