Baking day. Giving someone a homemade cake is a brilliant way to let them know how much you care. Pledge to Bake for someone special on. Delicioso PAN de higo – baking day.
In America during the wars, baking thrived as people. This holiday encourages everyone to go to their kitchens and spend their day baking some good treats. Baking Day is a special kind of kitchen experience. You can cook Baking day using 20 ingredients and 23 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Baking day
- Prepare of Bread:.
- You need 1 lb of bread flour.
- You need 1 packages of dried yeast.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 2 oz of butter.
- It’s 1/2 pints of warm water.
- It’s of quiche:.
- You need 1 lb of all-purpose flour.
- You need 8 oz of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
- You need 1/3 pints of milk.
- Prepare of seasoning.
- It’s 6 oz of hard cheese (mature).
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped.
- You need 1/2 lb of bacon or ham.
- You need of jam tarts:.
- It’s of Left over pastry from quiche.
- You need 1 tsp of jam, lemon curd, mincemeat per tart.
World Baking Day is held by organizing exhibitions of confectionery. On this day, the best masters of their work meet at different levels. Folk festivals, fairs – the basis of World Baking Day. Welcome to the Original "BAKING DAY" Group Board!
Baking day step by step
- Put all bread ingredients into a bowl and mix either with your mixer on a low setting with dough hook attachment or by hand.
- Dough should be kneaded for at least 5 minutes in machine or 10 minutes by hand (stretching and folding to activate the gluten).
- Cover and leave in a warm place for at least an hour.
- Make the pastry for the quiche.
- Put flour and salt in a mixing bowl and rub the butter in to form a breadcrumb appearance.
- Add cold water a tablespoon at a time and bring together in the bowl (I use a butter knife to cut and stir as pastry benefits from lack of touch).
- Wrap pastry in cling film and put in the fridge for an hour.
- Gently fry the chopped bacon and onions, then leave to cool.
- Turn your mixer back on to knock back the dough or knead again for 5 minutes to squish out the air bubbles. Place in a loaf tin, slash the top and sprinkle with flour. Put back in a warm place for half an hour to rise again.
- When you are ready to start baking preheat the oven to 200ºC gas 6.
- Roll out your pastry quite thinly (about 1/8 inch) to fit a 6" loose bottomed tin. Grease tin, place pastry snuggly in base and up the sides then trim the edges.
- Set aside leftover pastry.
- (If you are using a glass or ceramic flan tray you will need to blind bake your pastry for 20 minutes).
- Place onion/bacon mixture in base.
- Mix together eggs, milk and seasoning and pour into quiche.
- Sprinkle cheese over top (I add a sliced tomato).
- Now roll out your leftover pastry and cut it rounds to fit a cupcake/muffin tray (shallow is best for tarts).
- Fill with whatever you like – remember jams etc expand whilst cooking so don't overfill.
- Put bread on top shelf, quiche on middle and tarts on bottom.
- After half an hour remove bread and tarts and move the quiche to top shelf for a further 10 minutes.
- Turn bread out immediately or steam will give you a soggy bottom! To test bread is cooked through, tap the bottom and it should have a hollow sound. Leave on a rack to cool (for as long as you can resist).
- Remove tarts from tin after 10 minutes, especially if jam has bubbled over, just give time for the jam to harden a little a it will be to fluid at first.
- Remove quiche and cool in tin.
recipe by Arty Greig @cookpad
Pinning our favorite Sweet Recipes, Baking Quotes, Tips, Tutorials, Videos and BAKING DAY PHOTOGRAPHY Styling. World Baking Day is a celebration for cake lovers worldwide. This year bakers show their loved ones how much they care with a homemade cake, as we ask. Последние твиты от World Baking Day (@WorldBakingDay). Giving someone a homemade cake is a brilliant way to let them know how much you care. Boast of your baking skills on Instagram and make.