Traditional Austrian Easter Cake.
You can cook Traditional Austrian Easter Cake using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Traditional Austrian Easter Cake
- Prepare 100 grams of soft butter.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- You need 1 packages of yeast.
- It’s 500 grams of flour.
- Prepare 50 grams of raisins (optional).
- It’s 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s 20 grams of vanilla sugar.
- It’s 100 grams of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1 dash of cinnamon.
Traditional Austrian Easter Cake step by step
- In a bowl, mix flour and yeast and add sugar, vanilla sugar, eggs, milk, salt, butter and cinnamon.
- Knead the ingredients thoroughly until you have a smooth dough (now add the raisins).
- Leave the dough in a warm place (i.e. on heating ) for half an hour or until it has doubled in size.
- Now knead the dough again, and divide it into 4 pieces.
- Roll those pieces into balls and lay them into a buttered baking tin.
- Now carve crosses on the top with a knife.
- Spread egg yolk on top of the buns and leave them in the oven for 45 min (180 °C).
recipe by duduwo @cookpad