Date and Nut Bread.
You can make Date and Nut Bread using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Date and Nut Bread
- You need 1 package of pitted dates, 8 oz.
- You need 2 cups of sugar.
- It’s 2 cup of boiling water.
- You need 2 Tbs of butter.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- You need 2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 2 tsp of vanilla.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 4 cups of sifted flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped walnuts.
- It’s of Nonstick cooking spray.
- You need 6-15 oz of empty, clean aluminum cans or mini loaf pans.
- It’s of Optional: Whipped cream cheese or softened butter.
Date and Nut Bread instructions
- In a mixing bowl, add dates, baking soda and boiling water to soften. Let stand until you can touch..
- Add all other ingredients, except nuts, and mix together with a spoon. Mix in nuts last..
- Spray cans with nonstick spray. Split the batter evenly over 6 cans, filling 2/3 full. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes. Let cool and the loaves will pop right out! Have the butter or whipped cream ready!.
recipe by Adrianne Meszaros @cookpad