Are you looking for a delicious and refreshing dessert that is easy to make and perfect for any occasion? Look no further than this lime jelly slice with biscuits base recipe! This dessert is the perfect combination of sweet and tangy, with a crunchy biscuit base that will leave you wanting more. Plus, with 270 different variations, you’ll never get bored of making this dessert.
- 1 1/2 cups of crushed biscuits
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons of gelatin powder
- 1/2 cup of hot water
- 1/2 cup of cold water
- 1 can of condensed milk
- 1/2 cup of lime juice
- Zest of 1 lime
- Green food coloring (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Mix the crushed biscuits and melted butter together in a bowl. Press the mixture into a 9×13 inch baking dish and bake for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a separate bowl, mix the gelatin powder and hot water until the gelatin has dissolved. Add in the cold water, condensed milk, lime juice, and lime zest. Mix well. If desired, add a few drops of green food coloring to give the mixture a brighter color.
- Pour the mixture over the cooled biscuit base and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until set.
- Once the jelly slice has set, cut it into squares and serve.
Serving size: 1 square
Saturated Fat: 7g
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Refrigeration time: 2 hours
- 9×13 inch baking dish
- Spoon or spatula
- Measuring cups and spoons
This lime jelly slice with biscuits base is perfect for any occasion. Serve it as a refreshing dessert after a heavy meal, or as a sweet treat at a party. For an extra special touch, top it with whipped cream and fresh lime slices.
One of the best things about this recipe is that there are so many different variations you can try. Here are a few ideas:
- Use lemon juice instead of lime juice for a different flavor.
- Add in some crushed pineapple for a tropical twist.
- Use graham crackers instead of biscuits for a different texture.
- Top the jelly slice with coconut flakes or chopped nuts for extra crunch.
If you don’t have all of the ingredients on hand, don’t worry! Here are a few substitutions you can try:
- Use margarine instead of butter.
- Use lemon or orange zest instead of lime zest.
- Use any type of fruit juice you have on hand instead of lime juice.
- Use green food coloring gel instead of liquid food coloring.
This lime jelly slice with biscuits base can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Make sure to cover it with plastic wrap or aluminum foil to prevent it from drying out.
Here are a few tips to help you make the perfect lime jelly slice with biscuits base:
- Make sure the biscuit base is completely cooled before pouring the jelly mixture on top.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the jelly slice into squares.
- Refrigerate the jelly slice for at least 2 hours to ensure it sets properly.
- Top with whipped cream and fresh lime slices right before serving.
This recipe makes a large batch of lime jelly slice with biscuits base, so feel free to halve the recipe if you don’t need as much.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can use any type of cookie you like for the base. Graham crackers work well, as do digestive biscuits and shortbread cookies.
Can I use fresh lime juice instead of bottled?
Yes, fresh lime juice will work just as well in this recipe. Just make sure to strain it before using to remove any seeds or pulp.
Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes, you can make this lime jelly slice with biscuits base a day ahead of time. Just make sure to store it in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
This lime jelly slice with biscuits base is one of my favorite desserts to make. It’s refreshing, delicious, and easy to make. Plus, with so many different variations, you can make it again and again without getting bored. I love topping it with whipped cream and fresh lime slices for an extra special touch. I highly recommend giving this recipe a try!