Date and Walnut Wheat Cake.
You can make Date and Walnut Wheat Cake using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Date and Walnut Wheat Cake
- Prepare 1 cup of Wheat flour.
- It’s 1 tbsp of chocolate syrup.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Cocoa powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Baking powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Chopped walnuts dusted with wheat flour.
- It’s 50 gms of dates.
- You need 2 tbsp of oil or ghee.
- It’s 1 cup of Milk.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of powdered Sugar.
- You need handful of walnut kernels for decoration.
Date and Walnut Wheat Cake instructions
- In a mixing bowl add all the dry ingredients viz. Wheat flour, drinking chocolate, cocoa powder, powdered sugar, baking powder, and mix them well by sieving them together in the bowl..
- In one cup milk add the dates to the milk and boil them and let them cool on cooling deseed the dates and churn them in the mixer and make a smooth paste.
- Add this paste to the dry ingredients. Now add oil/ butter, add a little milk for mixing and making a smooth batter. To it now add the chopped and dusted walnuts..
- Preheat the oven at 180° for 10 minutes. Grease the tin and add the cake mixture into the pan and add top it with walnut kernels. and place it in the oven for about 20 minutes first, insert a toothpick after 20 minutes and if it comes out clear, it means the cake is done. If not then keep it again for 10 minutes check and the cake is done when the tooth pick comes out clean.
recipe by Mona Puri @cookpad