You can cook Date Malpua using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Date Malpua
- It’s of semolina (sooji).
- Prepare of whole wheat flour (atta).
- Prepare of cardamom powder.
- It’s of sugar.
- You need of baking soda.
- It’s of salt.
- It’s of dates soaked in water for an hour & pitted.
- It’s of milk.
- Prepare of ghee to shallow fry the malpua.
- It’s of chopped pistachios.
- It’s of dates.
- It’s of rose petals.
Date Malpua step by step
- Blend the soaked dates into a smooth paste along with some water. Add some more water to make a syrup. Keep aside..
- In a bowl mix sooji, atta, sugar, salt, cardamom powder & baking soda. Add date syrup, little at a time and prepare a batter of pouring consistency. Cover & keep aside for 15-20 minutes. Add some more syrup / milk to the batter if required..
- Heat some ghee in a pan and pour a ladleful of the batter..
- Fry on a medium flame till it is light golden on both sides..
- Dip them in date syrup for a minute. Garnish with dry rose petals, chopped pistachios and chopped dates. Drizzle some date syrup & serve them chilled or at room temperature..
recipe by Bethica Das @cookpad