Gluten free/Flour free Banana(Plantain) Cake.(Kaipola). Kaipola is a healthy and gluten free variation of banana (plantain) cake. The preparation does not use baking soda, baking powder, maida or any dairy. Today lets learn to make some super tasty snack with egg and plantain.
This gluten free banana cake is ideal for using up those over-ripe bananas. You know, the ones where the skins are going brown and the bananas soft. You could use just the caster sugar, although the demerara gives a nice crunch. You can have Gluten free/Flour free Banana(Plantain) Cake.(Kaipola) using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Gluten free/Flour free Banana(Plantain) Cake.(Kaipola)
- It’s 2 of large ripe plantains(as ripe as possible).
- You need 4-5 tablespoons of sugar.
- It’s Pinch of salt.
- Prepare 4 of large eggs.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of milk.
- It’s 1/2 cup of clarified butter or ghee.
- Prepare pods of Cardamom 4 to 5 no.s.
- It’s of Cashew nuts as needed to decorate.
- Prepare of Raisins as needed to decorate.
The ingredients below call for a commercial gluten free flour and I. Upside Down Caramelized Gingerbread Banana Cake (Gluten Free)moonandspoonandyum.com. banana, vanilla extract, ground cinnamon. This Gluten Free Banana Cake is tender, flavorful, and hard to resist. It's delicious on its own, but This gluten free banana cake recipe is quick and easy and doesn't require any fancy equipment to Check the ingredients of your gluten free flour mix for xanthan gum.
Gluten free/Flour free Banana(Plantain) Cake.(Kaipola) instructions
- Cut the plantains length wise. Remove the seeds from inside and chop it into small pieces. Add 2 to 3 tbsp of sugar (depending on the sweetness of banana) and keep it aside.
- Fry 5 to 6 cashew nuts and raisins in ghee and keep it aside. This is used to garnish the banana cake..
- Heat a non stick pan with 3 to 4 tbsp of clarified butter or ghee. When the ghee starts to become hot, add the chopped bananas and cook it in low to medium flame until it is light golden brown in color and cooked well. Turn off the heat and wait it till the mixture cools down..
- In a separate bowl, break 4 large eggs, add 3 tbsp of sugar, 4 cardamom pods, a pinch of salt (to balance the sweetness) and 1/4 cup milk. Blend this mixture very well using a folk or by using a blender..
- Add the chopped bananas into the egg- milk batter and mix well to form a batter. At this point you may check the sweetness in the batter and add more sugar as per your taste..
- Heat a non stick pan, add few tbsp of ghee to it. When it becomes hot, pour the batter to it. Cover the pan and cook it in very low heat. When the top portion is about set,place the fried cashews and raisins on the top. This is done so that it won’t submerge inside the batter. Close the lid and continue to cook the batter in low heat..
- Wait till the top sets and side starts to become brown or starts to detach from the pan. It might take about 10-15 mins. The cake will be cooked when the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean..
- At this point demould the cake to a plate and reverse it. Put it back into the pan with the top facing down. This will allow the top side to cook and change the color to golden brown. Keep it for 5 mins or so. Make sure to do this step in low heat as well. Your banana cake is now ready. Serve hot with coffee !.
recipe by Soumi @cookpad
If your flour mix doesn't contain. Since going gluten-free a few years ago, I've been turned on to a number of non-wheat flours. Sure, my go-to for my three family members who have no sensitivities is generally whole-wheat and otherwise white whole-wheat, but if you can't do those options, there are a multitude of others out there. Gluten Free Dairy Free Blueberry Pancake Bites — Easy recipe! Single flour, no Xanthan gum required. #bananaglutenfreepancakesalmondmilk (banana gluten free pancakes almond These soft, cake cookies are made gluten free, grain free, and wheat free with coconut flour and coconut milk.