Hot Ham and Cheese Sub Sandwich.
You can have Hot Ham and Cheese Sub Sandwich using 5 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Hot Ham and Cheese Sub Sandwich
- You need 1/2 of to 1 lb sliced ham, lunch meat.
- It’s 4 slice of any type slice cheese, such as Pepper Jack, or Provolone, etc., your choice.
- It’s 4 of Italian Steak Rolls or Hoagie Buns.
- Prepare 1 of topping of choice, mayo, mustard, dijon mustard, pickles, onions, etc. etc..
- It’s 1 tbsp of bacon grease, OR Cooking Spray, your choice.
Hot Ham and Cheese Sub Sandwich instructions
- Take 1/2 – 1 pound of sliced ham. (Depends on how much ham you want on your sandwich.) Roll up and slice in thin strips, about 1/4 inch wide..
- Saute ham slices on medium -medium high heat in non stick skillet with bacon grease, OR for a lighter meal (less calories) use a squirt of cooking spray before you throw ham in skillet..
- Saute until some of the pieces of ham start browning a bit..
- Preheat oven to broil, low..
- Slice bread (if not already sliced) lengthwise, but not all the way thru..
- Divide ham between the four buns..
- Top ham with a piece of cheese. I like to tear cheese in half and place it longways on the bun to cover most of the ham up..
- Broil until cheese is melty, bubbly and starts to brown..
- Remove from oven and add toppings such as mayo, mustard, pickles, lettuce, onions, etc..
- I like to use Virginia Brand Smoked Ham and Pepper Jack or Provolone cheese, topped with mayo and mustard. Any type of sliced ham, cheese or toppings can be used..
recipe by sarabeth351 @cookpad