[Vegan] Corn Cacio e Pepe.
You can make [Vegan] Corn Cacio e Pepe using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of [Vegan] Corn Cacio e Pepe
- It’s of For the Corn Stock:.
- Prepare of medium corncobs, husked.
- You need of water.
- It’s of black peppercorns.
- It’s of bay leaves.
- You need of thyme sprig.
- It’s of For the Pasta:.
- Prepare of Kosher salt,.
- It’s of dried spaghetti.
- You need of freshly cracked black pepper.
- It’s of corn stock.
- You need of vegan butter, cubed.
- You need of Reserved corn kernels.
- Prepare of Folloq Your Heart Parmesan.
[Vegan] Corn Cacio e Pepe step by step
- Make the corn stock: Slice off the kernels from the corncobs, reserving the kernels for later. Place the cobs in a medium saucepan with the remaining stock ingredients. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to medium and simmer until reduced to 1½ cups, 1 hour. Strain, discarding the solids..
- Make the pasta: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook, stirring occasionally, until very al dente, 6 minutes, then drain..
- Meanwhile, in a large, deep skillet, toast the pepper over medium heat until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the corn stock, vegan butter and corn kernels, and bring to a simmer..
- Add the pasta to the pan and cook, stirring constantly, until the pasta is fully cooked and the sauce has reduced slightly, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the cheeses and continue to cook, stirring constantly, until the cheeses have melted and the pasta is fully coated in the sauce, 1 minute more. Divide between bowls and serve immediately..
recipe by Fiona Ó Ruairc @cookpad