Homemade Biscuits. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Using a box grater, grate butter over the flour.
Roll out dough onto a lightly floured surface and roll out to desired thickness. Butter bottom of skillet and place biscuits in pan. The BEST Homemade Biscuit recipe you'll ever try! You can have Homemade Biscuits using 3 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Homemade Biscuits
- Prepare 2 cup of Flour.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cup of Buttermilk.
- You need 4 tbsp of Mayonnaise.
Greg's Southern Biscuits "Light and fluffy, and the closest thing I've found to my grandmother's biscuits." – GregWmson. It's really all about the technique. Best Buttermilk Biscuits "This recipe makes fluffy, light, and tasty biscuits." – CAHardbarger. Chef John's Cream Biscuits A Few Notes on Butter in Homemade Biscuits.
Homemade Biscuits instructions
- preheat to 425º.
- put all ingredients in bowl, and mix well but not too much.
- spray pan with non-stick butter or spread actually butter..
- scoop out the biscuits and form them however you want and put them on the pan.
- takes 15-20 minutes on a average oven, depends on the oven..
- pull them out, and enjoy!.
The butter is possibly the most important part of this recipe, and the way you handle it can make or break your homemade biscuits. Make these for dinner, shortcake, and all your favorite breakfast dishes! See recipe notes for make-ahead-and-freezer instructions. Add flour, baking powder, salt and sugar to bowl mix together. Cut in shortening or butter to resemble coarse crumbs.