[Vegan] Caramel Apples.
You can have [Vegan] Caramel Apples using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of [Vegan] Caramel Apples
- It’s of soy free vegan buttery spread.
- It’s of light brown sugar.
- It’s of light organic Corn syrup.
- It’s of full fat Coconut milk.
- Prepare of salt.
- You need of tart apples.
[Vegan] Caramel Apples step by step
- Wash the apples in very warm water to help remove the wax coating. Dry thoroughly and insert a popsicle stick into each one. Set on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet..
- Place the vegan buttery spread in a heavy bottomed pot and melt over medium high heat. Add the brown sugar and stir until melted and incorporated..
- Add the corn syrup and coconut milk..
- Bring to a boil and continue to cook, stirring constantly until a candy thermometer reads 235º F. (This may take awhile – be patient. It could take 15-20 minutes.).
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the salt. Dip the apples into the caramel, rotating to coat completely. Be sure to work quickly. Place the dipped apples on the parchment lined cookie sheet..
- As the apples cool, some caramel will pool at the bottom. Twist the apples once cool to remove from the parchment paper..
recipe by Fiona Ó Ruairc @cookpad