Spicy Sweet Corn Soup (inspired by John A).
You can cook Spicy Sweet Corn Soup (inspired by John A) using 15 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Spicy Sweet Corn Soup (inspired by John A)
- It’s 2 tbsp of oil.
- It’s 2 of x 165 grams of tinned sweetcorn.
- Prepare 2 of x medium potatoes grated.
- You need 2 of x medium carrots grated.
- Prepare 2 of onions diced or a cup of diced frozen onion.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic diced.
- You need of Ginger a knob or a squeeze of squirty ginger.
- It’s 2 litres of chicken stock a few cubes.
- You need 1 tbsp of curry powder.
- It’s of Salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare of To Garnish (optional).
- You need Half of a packet of Spam or ham diced and dry fried left to the side.
- It’s 1 of crust of the loaf diced and dry fried.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of reserved sweetcorn dry fried and toasted.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of yogurt drizzled.
Spicy Sweet Corn Soup (inspired by John A) instructions
- Pour the oil in a large pan, gently heat. Prepare and dice the onion..
- Then throw in the pan let them cook on a medium heat, stirring well..
- Next prepare the garlic whilst the onion is softened. Then throw into the pan! Put in the ginger too!.
- In a small pan heat on a medium to high heat! Open one can of sweetcorn take out a couple of teaspoons and toast the kernels. Storing occasionally..
- Now grate the carrots and potatoes..
- Throw them into the pan with the onions and garlic. Next add the sweetcorn and stir well..
- Drain off the sweetcorn onto kitchen paper!.
- Now in the same pan dry fry the chopped up Spam too!.
- Now add stock to the veggies! Let it simmer until soft! Usually 15 minutes! Whilst it’s simmering add the curry powder and seasoning!.
- Once the spam or ham is crispy drain and set aside!.
- Whilst the soup is bubbling, cut up the crust and dry fry again turning regularly, then set aside!.
- Once the veggies are soft! Blitz with a hand blender!.
- Next get another large pan with a sieve over the top a ladle the soup into the sieve and rub it through the holes..
- Keep going, you will have some residue left l, you can compost this! Reheat and serve!.
recipe by Emilys Home Cooked Kitchen @cookpad