Roasted butternut squash soup. Keep it in mind for the holidays, too. I designed this soup to complement typical Thanksgiving fare, like green beans and mashed potatoes. Add roasted squash and potatoes and pour over chicken broth.
Toss with olive oil and roast the squash in the oven (as directed), until tender. Peel the squash with a vegetable peeler. Place in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. You can make Roasted butternut squash soup using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Roasted butternut squash soup
- It’s 1-2 of butternut squash-cubed.
- Prepare 1 of white onion-chopped into large wedges.
- Prepare 2 stalks of celery-roughly chopped.
- You need 4-6 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 16 oz of heavy cream.
- Prepare 48 oz of chicken broth.
- It’s of olive oil or extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare of kosher salt.
- You need 3-4 sprigs of rosemary.
- Prepare of sour cream to top.
Check out our top-rated winter squash soup recipes. Garnish with sliced scallions, toasted squash seeds, or shrimp. We've chosen some of our favorite recipes that showcase this seasonal vegetable. In a large saucepan, saute onions in margarine until tender.
Roasted butternut squash soup step by step
- Preheat oven to 450..
- Place squash, onion, celery, and garlic on sheet pan. Sprinkle with EVOO & salt. Place 3-4 sprigs of rosemary among vegetables and roast in oven for 25-35 min until golden brown..
- Place roasted veggies (remove rosemary) into large pot and cover with chicken broth until stew like consistency with a little extra liquid. Simmer on stove top for several minutes until veggies flavor broth..
- Turn stove top off. Spoon contents into a blender. Starting on low, then increasing some, blend until creamy. (*mixture will be hot, allow steam to escape).
- On low setting, continue to blend while adding cream..
- Once mixture is lightened and creamy, return to pot and heat through. Ladle into bowls and top with a dollop of sour cream. Serve..
- I added a little garlic salt and onion powder to taste..
Add squash, water, bouillon, marjoram, black pepper and cayenne pepper. It has added red pepper and ginger, and is deliciously smooth. I removed the skin of the squash and then cubed it. From Natalie Perry of Perry's Plate. Drizzle olive oil into large roasting pan.