Devils choc slice.
You can have Devils choc slice using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Devils choc slice
- It’s 2/3 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cornstarch.
- It’s 1 cup of white sugar.
- You need 1 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of cocoa powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of unsalted butter, softened.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of apple sauce.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of chopped walnuts (optional).
Devils choc slice step by step
- Preheat oven to 350° F (180° C), and grease a 9×13 inch square baking dish..
- Stir together the flour, corn starch, white sugar, brown sugar, cocoa powder, walnuts, baking powder and baking soda in a bowl, sifting with a fork to remove lumps. Pour in the eggs, apple sauce and margarine, and mix with a large spoon or electric mixer on low until the mixture forms a smooth batter, 3 to 5 minutes. Scrape the batter into the prepared baking dish..
- Place a sheet of aluminium foil on the oven rack to prevent spills as the brownies rise, then fall during baking. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the brownies comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes. For best results, cover the baking dish with foil for the first 20-25 minutes this technique helps the brownie to rise and keep from drying out too much..
recipe by Jonny1 @cookpad