A Simple Chocolate Cake Made Using Chiffon Batter.
You can have A Simple Chocolate Cake Made Using Chiffon Batter using 15 ingredients and 24 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of A Simple Chocolate Cake Made Using Chiffon Batter
- It’s of Chiffon cake batter.
- It’s of ○Egg whites (L).
- Prepare of ○Sugar.
- It’s of △ Egg yolks (L).
- It’s of △ Sugar.
- You need of ●Vegetable oil or olive oil.
- Prepare of ●Milk or water.
- Prepare of ▲Flour (cake flour).
- Prepare of ▲Cocoa Powder (sugar free).
- You need of Cream:.
- Prepare of Heavy cream.
- Prepare of bar Bar of chocolate (dark/black) about 60g.
- Prepare of bar Bar of chocolate (milk) about 60g.
- It’s of Decorations:.
- Prepare of Cocoa powder (sugar free).
A Simple Chocolate Cake Made Using Chiffon Batter step by step
- Please refer tofor an in-depth process. Do so for Steps 4~7..
- Spread out cooking paper in the pan..
- Combine the ▲flour and ▲cocoa by sifting together. This time I made it with 5g of (sugarless) cocoa, and 5g of dark/black cocoa ..
- Return the heavy cream to room temperature..
- Start preheating the oven to 180°C for 14 minutes..
- Add the ○ sugar to the egg whites in 3-4 turns, and whip until peaks form. Point : Please slowly whisk for one minute at the lowest setting in the end..
- Add the △ sugar to the egg yolks all at once, mix until white, then add in all of the ● ingredients and stir together..
- Add the sifted powder to the egg yolk bowl little by little, and mix with an egg beater or a spatula..
- Add the meringue into Step 8 in 2-3 turns, and mix without mashing the meringue..
- Place the batter into the pan, and flatten out with a dough scraper or a spatula..
- Place into the preheated oven and bake for 14 minutes..
- Wrap the freshly baked cake while it's still hot with a large piece of plastic wrap so that it's airtight..
- Place Step 12 into a large plastic bag, and let cool completely..
- Melt the chocolate in a hot water bath, add in the heavy cream that has been returned to room temperature while still in the hot water bath, and stir together..
- After stirring, place into an ice water bath, cool while stirring, and stir for an additional 7 minutes with a mixer once it cools..
- Cut the cake in half once it cools..
- Cut a clear file in half, adjust the length, and use it as a combined stand to move it easily and conveniently. Try it out!.
- Thickly coat the sponge cake cut in half with the cream..
- Cover with the other half of the cake, and coat all over with the remaining cream. Use a knife for the top. We will cut the edges in order to prevent them from drying out..
- How to wrap in plastic wrap: We will cut around the edges, so sticking several toothpicks around the edges so that it doesn't stick to the plastic wrap will allow you to lightly wrap it..
- Wrap in plastic wrap, and let sit in the fridge for a minimum of two ours to let the flavor soak in..
- After it has chilled, remove the toothpicks, and coat the entire cake in cocoa..
- After coating in cocoa, Cut around the edges in 4 places. Cut into your desired sizes, and it's done..
- I also have a plain version. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/171371-simple-shortcake-made-with-chiffon-cake.
recipe by cookpad.japan @cookpad