Healthy Cream Stew with Salmon and Kabocha Squash.
You can make Healthy Cream Stew with Salmon and Kabocha Squash using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Healthy Cream Stew with Salmon and Kabocha Squash
- You need 1/4 of Kabocha squash.
- It’s 200 grams of Fresh salmon.
- You need 1 of to 2 packages Shimeji mushrooms.
- Prepare 2 of Onions.
- You need 1 of Carrot.
- Prepare 2 of Potatoes.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Cake flour.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of cube Consommé soup stock cube.
- Prepare 1 of Salt, black pepper, soy sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of Miso.
- You need 600 ml of Sweetened soy milk (or milk).
Healthy Cream Stew with Salmon and Kabocha Squash step by step
- Cut the meat and veggies into your preferred sizes. The salmon skin can be cut easily with kitchen scissors. Cut the stems off the shimeji mushrooms and shred into pieces..
- Add the potatoes and carrots into a pot, cover, and cook with water at about half the height of the veggies (It was about 200 ml with our pot)..
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan, and saute the onions. Once they are wilted, add the shimeji and saute well..
- Once the potatoes and carrots are cooked through, add the kabocha on top and cover again. Don't let the kabocha soak in water since that will cause it to fall apart..
- Once the kabocha is steamed through, place the salmon on top, cover and let the salmon cook through..
- Mix in salt, black pepper, ground consommé, and cake flour into the frying pan from Step 3. Once it's no longer floury, gradually pour in 300 ml of soy milk..
- Once the veggie mixture from Step 6 turns into a creamy consistency of your liking, pour in the soy sauce around the rim, mix it up a little and pour it over the pot from Step 5. Reduce to low heat and stir a little..
- Once they're blended well, adjust the tastiness of the white sauce with the second addition of soy milk (I added 300 ml). Dissolve the secret ingredient of miso, mix in and it's done..
- Recommended: Mix in yuzu pepper paste into the cream stew when serving. Its fragrance and a touch of spiciness improves the dish..
recipe by cookpad.japan @cookpad