Walnut and Coffee cake.
You can have Walnut and Coffee cake using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Walnut and Coffee cake
- Prepare 175 of g/6 oz-unsalted butter, extra for greasing.
- It’s 175 of g/6 oz light muscovado sugar.
- Prepare 3 of large eggs, beaten.
- It’s 3 tbsp of black coffee -strong.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 pinch of Cinnamon powder.
- It’s 175 of g/ 6 oz of self raising flour.
- Prepare 115 of g/4 oz walnut pieces.
- It’s of walnut halves, to decorate.
- Prepare of For Frosting: 115 g/4 oz unsalted butter.
- Prepare 200 of g/7 oz icing sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of black coffee -strong.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of Few Chocolate chips / (as you desire).
Walnut and Coffee cake step by step
- Preheat the oven to 180 ℃/350°F. Grease and line the bases of two 20-cm/8-inch sandwich tins..
- Cream together the butter and muscovado sugar until pale and fluffy. Gradually add the eggs, beating well after each addition. Beat in the coffee..
- Sift the flour, cinnamon and baking powder into the mixture,then fold in lightly and evenly with a metal spoon/or rubber spatula. Fold in the walnut pieces..
- Divide the mixture between the prepared cake tins and smooth level. Bake in the preheated oven 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown and springy to the touch. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool..
- For the frosting, beat together the butter, icing sugar, coffee and vanilla extract, mixing until smooth and creamy..
- Use about half the mixture to sandwich the cakes together, then spread the remaining frosting on the top. Decorate with walnut halves and Chocolate chips..
recipe by Smitha Ancy Cherian @cookpad