My Mother's Onion Cake.
You can have My Mother's Onion Cake using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of My Mother's Onion Cake
- Prepare 750 g of Onions.
- You need 30 g of Butter.
- You need 70 g of Bacon, diced.
- You need 3 tbsp of heavy sour cream.
- It’s 3 of eggs.
- You need 1 tsp of caraway seed (not massed!).
- You need of Salt and pepper.
My Mother's Onion Cake instructions
- Line the baking tin with parchment paper. (If you like to enjoy the cake with a dough. Prepare now and grease the tin.).
- Peel onions and shred. Render down the bacon in a frying pan, take the bacon out of the pan and add butter to the pan. Add the finely sliced onions. Fry over medium temperature until almost all the water from the onions is vaporised. (If the onions are too humid, the cake will be watery). The onions shall not begome too brown..
- Preheat oven: 200 C..
- Mix eggs with sour cream in a bowl. Season with caraway seed, salt and pepper. Add the bacon and onions..
- Put the mix in the baking tin and bake for 25-30 min until it begins to brown. Let cool for 10 min before taking out of the form and enjoy!.