Frito pie. Frito pie is legendary in the Southwest for being spicy, salty and cheesy fabulous. Frito pie is often served right inside the chip bag. Author and world traveler Anthony Bourdain created What exactly is Frito pie composed of?
Frito Pie is certainly not going to win any creativity awards for me, but it is a quick and easy You could also make this Frito Pie with canned chili, but I prefer to make recipes with mostly homemade. Here are three of my favorite ways to make Frito pie. I also used my homemade Texas Style chili recipe that makes it even better. You can make Frito pie using 7 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Frito pie
- You need 1 of big bag chilli cheese Fritos.
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef or ground venison.
- Prepare 1 packet of taco seasoning.
- Prepare 2 of large tomatoes, diced.
- Prepare 1/2 head of lettuce diced.
- It’s 1-8 ounce of bag shredded taco blend cheese.
- You need of Optional: sour cream,pico,salsa, guacamole (my Walmart sells guacamole salsa already made which is what I used).
You can dress up this pie with whatever toppings you prefer, but we chose to top this crowd-pleaser with sour cream and sliced fresh jalapeño peppers. This easy Frito pie recipe makes a fabulous weeknight dinner or dish on Game Day! You might want to pay attention! You get some chili… And you throw it on the Fritos.
Frito pie step by step
- Cook the ground beef and drain. Season with taco seasoning..
- Now layer it ! Fritos, meat, cheese, lettuce, tomato then whatever sauces or toppings! Have fun and make it a “Frito bar” on the table and let everyone gather around and make their own!.
I'm definitely in a fall state of mind. On Sunday afternoon, I put a big pot of my I have seen versions of Frito Pie that are simply chili mixed with the corn chips and cheddar cheese, but I. Frito Pie is a satisfying and comforting meal that's so simple to make. Get the easy recipe with Someone said to me, you want a Frito Pie? I know if you don't live in the South, you.