Sugar free whole wheat Jaggery cake.
You can cook Sugar free whole wheat Jaggery cake using 11 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sugar free whole wheat Jaggery cake
- You need of Whole Wheat Flour.
- You need of Date palm/any jaggery.
- It’s of milk for dissolving jaggery 3 tbsn.
- Prepare of milk for batter.
- It’s of vinegar 1 tbsn.
- Prepare of vanilla essence 1 tsn.
- You need of eggs.
- It’s of olive oil 3/4th cup.
- It’s of baking powder 1 tsn.
- You need of baking soda 1/2 tsn.
- Prepare of dry fruits powdered 1/2 cup(optional).
Sugar free whole wheat Jaggery cake step by step
- Microwave jaggery using 3 tbsn milk or heating it in a pan. let cool.
- Combine milk and vinegar in a bowl and keep aside.
- In another bowl, beat the egg and oil together..
- Pour in the milk- vinegar, vanilla Essence and jaggery paste. whisk well.
- Seive in the flour, baking soda, baking powder & dry fruits.
- Combine well to form a thick batter and pour it in a greased baking tin/bread loaf pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 180 degree celcius or till done.
- Tips: Use powdered jaggery for quick and ease in dissolving it. Date palm jaggery tastes the best, however you may use any variety.
- Tip: keeping this cake healthy, avoid icing/frosting of any kind.
- Tip: For kids, check allergic reactions to nuts/ dry fruits and use accordingly.
- Tip: If you are fine with brown coloured porridge/desserts, jaggery can be an excellent alternative for sugar and can be used for kids, diabetic and for those watching their weight!.
- Tip: This is a good sugar free tea time cake too.
recipe by A Chef and A Mom @cookpad