Marron Chiffon Cake with Creme de Marron.
You can make Marron Chiffon Cake with Creme de Marron using 7 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Marron Chiffon Cake with Creme de Marron
- Prepare of Egg.
- You need of Sugar.
- It’s of Chestnut cream.
- Prepare of ■Vegetable oil (not healthy vegetable oil substitute).
- You need of ■Water.
- Prepare of Plain flour.
- It’s of Rum.
Marron Chiffon Cake with Creme de Marron instructions
- Divide the egg yolks and whites. Weigh the ■ ingredients. Sift the flour. Preheat the oven..
- Put egg yolks in a bowl and add the chestnut cream. Whisk until smooth..
- Add the ■ ingredients little by little and stir constantly. Add rum and stir well..
- Sift the flour again into the bowl. Whisk slowly from the middle and out until everything is well mixed in..
- The cake batter will resemble a loose pancake batter..
- Make the meringue. Beat the egg whites. Add the sugar into 3 batches and add a portion to the egg whites at one time. Whisk constantly until stiff peaks form..
- Add 1/4 of the Step 6 meringue into Step 5 and mix well..
- Add 1/2 of the rest of the meringue and combine the top part of the batter and meringue very well. You don't need to whisk together the bottom part of the batter yet..
- Add the rest of the meringue and mix well with the top of the batter as you did at Step 8..
- Stop mixing when the batter and meringue are almost combined well! (the bottom part of the batter is not mixed in yet)..
- Change to a spatula and scoop up the bottom part of the batter to mix (about 15 times)..
- Mix until the brown coloured bits disappear and the mixture falls like ribbons when you lift the spatula..
- Pour the batter into a tin and spread the batter evenly by rotating the tin so that it spreads around evenly..
- Holding onto the middle and knock the tin several times to let the excess air out. Spread the batter on the side of the tin with a spatula..
- Bake at 180°C for 13 minutes, then at 160°C for 12 minutes. Once the surface starts to brown after 13 minutes, take the cake out of the oven and make 5 slits with a knife..
- After baking, taking the cake out of the oven straight away and place the cake upside-down on a mug cup to cool. When the center cylinder has cooled down, it is ready..
- Remove the cake from the tin by using a knife or skewer. Run a knife along the side of the tin tightly and you will remove the cake easily..
- If you bake the batter in cupcake liners, add 10 g of flour. You can make about 9 (fill the cups to 70% as the cake will rise)..
recipe by cookpad.japan @cookpad