Tiffin (refrigerator cake).
You can have Tiffin (refrigerator cake) using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tiffin (refrigerator cake)
- It’s 125 g of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 75 g of golden syrup.
- You need 200 g of dark chocolate (broken into pieces).
- It’s 1 of egg.
- Prepare 50 g of digestive biscuits.
- Prepare 50 g of whole walnuts or pecans.
- It’s 50 g of glacé cherries.
- Prepare 50 g of sultanas.
Tiffin (refrigerator cake) instructions
- Line a loaf tin with greaseproof paper..
- Melt the butter and syrup together in small saucepan until they get to a gentle boil..
- Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Then add the syrup and butter, and give it all a thorough mix..
- Beat the egg slowly and continuously into the chocolate..
- Break up the biscuits. Add the walnuts, sultanas, and cherries..
- Pour the melted chocolate on to the biscuit mix and give it all a good mix..
- Pour the chocolate mix into the loaf tin. Decorate with some walnuts or cherries. Leave to set in the fridge for about 4 hours. Remove from the fridge, and cut into large slices. You should get about 10 slices. Serve chilled..
recipe by liz @cookpad