Chicken with Asparagus,, Ham and Bearnaise Sauce.
You can cook Chicken with Asparagus,, Ham and Bearnaise Sauce using 29 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken with Asparagus,, Ham and Bearnaise Sauce
- It’s of For Chicken.
- Prepare 1 lb of boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded into 1/4 inch slices.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of hlack pepper and salt to taste.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cajun seasoning.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 of large egg, beaten with 1 tablespoon sour cream or mayonnaise.
- Prepare of For Ham.
- It’s 1/2 lb of thin sliced deli ham, cut into bite size piecrs, I used hot ham.
- It’s 1/2 cup of low sodium chicken broth.
- You need 1/2 tsp of dijon mustard.
- You need 1/4 cup of cream, heavy or light.
- You need of For Asparagus.
- Prepare 2 lb of fresh asparagus, trimmed and lower part peeled if desired. Cooked until crisp tender and kept warm.
- It’s 1 of for bearnaise sauce.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of white wine.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of white wine vinegar.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of dryed tarragon.
- It’s 1 of chopped shallot.
- It’s 3 of large egg yolks.
- You need 1/2 tsp of hot sauce, such as franks brand.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of heavy cream.
- It’s 1/2 cup of melted warm butter (one stick).
- You need 1 of for garnish.
- It’s 2 tbsp of chopped chives.
- It’s 2 tbsp of chopped parsley.
Chicken with Asparagus,, Ham and Bearnaise Sauce step by step
- For chicken.
- Heat oil and butter in large saute pan..
- Combine flour, parmesan cheese, pepper,salt and cajun seasoning on a plate, mix well.
- Dip chicken breasts in egg / sour cream mixture, then into flour/cheese mixture to lightly coat..
- Cook in hot butter oil mixture, turning once until cooked through, remove to a plate as done and keep warm..
- Add ham and cook until starting to brown, add chicken broth, cream and mustard, cook until slightly thickened, remove from heat..
- For bearnaise sauce.
- In a small saucepan combine wine, vinegar, shallot atarragon and pepper until reduced to 2 tablespoons, strain into small bowl..
- Have a double boiler set up, in the top part of the double boiler, off heat combine egg yolks, cream, hot sauce and reduced wine/vinegar mixture, whisk well. Place over the simmering water whisking at all times until the eggs begin to thicken, 2 to 4 minutes add butter very slowly while whisking until thickened. If it gets to thick add drops of hot water to thin. Serve immediatly or keep warm by putting dish in a small pan of warm water. Do not reheat, it will seperate..
- To assemble.
- On plates or large platter arrange asparagus, add ham with sauce, top with chicken then some bearnaise sauce..
- Garnish with chives and parsley.
- Serve woth crusty bread!.
recipe by fenway @cookpad