Simple Buttermilk Biscuits Dipped in Some Butter. Buttermilk; How to Make Butter Dip Buttermilk Biscuits. Pour the melted butter into a square baking dish or pan. You'll be dropping the batter right on top of this butter.
Chef John's Buttermilk Biscuits Chef John's Buttermilk Biscuits. This deceptively simple recipe can come out a million different ways with some very minor variations on the ingredients and amounts. This one's my favorite – flaky, but not dry; chewy, but not tough; crisp in just the right spots.. You can cook Simple Buttermilk Biscuits Dipped in Some Butter using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Simple Buttermilk Biscuits Dipped in Some Butter
- It’s 1/2 cup of melted butter.
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of flour.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbs of sugar.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbs of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 3/4 cups of buttermilk.
I have deemed this the definitive biscuit. Press biscuit dough into baking dish, right on top of the melted butter. It is easiest to spread it out with your hands. (it is okay if some of the butter runs over the top of the dough) Take a sharp knife and cut the biscuit dough into nine squares before baking. In medium mixing bowl thougherally combine dry ingredients.
Simple Buttermilk Biscuits Dipped in Some Butter instructions
- Heat oven to 450 degrees..
- Melt butter and pour melted butter into baking dish..
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt..
- Mix in buttermilk. Batter will be sticky. That's what you want. If it's dry, add a bit more buttermilk so batter is sticky, but not too sticky..
- Pour batter on top of butter inside baking dish. I used a knife to cut some squares. It's ok if the butter flows to top of batter..
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until brown on top..
- Enjoy with some whipped butter, preserves or whatever you like to eat biscuits with..
Mix gently until ingredients are loosely mixed. See great recipes for Simple Buttermilk Biscuits Dipped in Some Butter too! These easy buttermilk biscuits are a lazy weekend morning necessity at our house. We serve them with butter and homemade jam or smother them with sausage gravy. And when I'm not baking up a batch of biscuits for breakfast, I'm serving them alongside a bowl of soup or another cozy meal.