Stuffing and Herb Green Bean Casserole.
You can cook Stuffing and Herb Green Bean Casserole using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Stuffing and Herb Green Bean Casserole
- Prepare 1 can of green beans or 2 cups fresh garden beans.
- It’s 1/2 of small onion chopped.
- It’s 1 of small garlic clove chopped.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chives finely chopped.
- Prepare of Seasoning salt.
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
- Prepare 1 can of cream of mushroom soup.
- It’s 1 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of fresh or 1 small can sliced mushrooms.
- It’s 1 box of stuffing mix.
- You need of Butter or margarine (for stuffing).
- You need of Optional Ingredient:.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped green onion.
- It’s 1/2 cup of french fried onions.
Stuffing and Herb Green Bean Casserole step by step
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Boil chopped onion and green beans (if fresh) to soften and prepare for bake. (🙄 See, half of these beans were dark purple before boiling, they were wild bush garden beans from my yard) *If using canned green beans then skip this step! But still preheat the oven! 🤣👌😉.
- Add chives, garlic, seasonings, and chopped onion to small casserole baking dish..
- Pour in mushroom soup and milk. Mix well. (Here You can also substitute water for milk if you like or need to 😉👌).
- Add beans and mushrooms to mixture and combine thoroughly. *Here you can additionally layer the french fried onions on top before baking for added flavor and texture! 👍👍 Cover and Bake green bean casserole in the oven for 20-25mins while you make the stuffing on the stovetop. (Or in the microwave🤦🏻♀️ lol).
- Follow directions on the stuffing mix box; or Boil water and butter then reduce heat to low and pour in contents of stuffing mix bag. (*Here is also where you can add in the chopped green onion😉👌) Use a fork to mix and fluff. Equally spreading around the absorption of the water. Remove from heat. Remove casserole from oven..
- Scoop stuffing mix out of pan and place gently and evenly on top of green bean casserole. Bake uncovered for another 15-20 mins or until stuffing starts to become golden brown and crispy on top and the casserole is bubbly around the edges! 👏 Serve and Enjoy!.