Biscuits. Greg's Southern Biscuits "Light and fluffy, and the closest thing I've found to my grandmother's biscuits." – GregWmson. It's really all about the technique. Best Buttermilk Biscuits "This recipe makes fluffy, light, and tasty biscuits." – CAHardbarger.
Using a box grater, grate butter over the flour. Biscuits are what take us into the kitchen today to cook: fat, flaky mounds of quick bread, golden brown, with a significant crumb Composed of flour, baking powder, fat and a liquid, then baked in a hot oven, they are an excellent sop for sorghum syrup, molasses or honey They are marvelous layered with country ham or smothered in white sausage gravy, with eggs, with grits Savoury biscuits or crackers (such as cream crackers, water biscuits, oatcakes, or crisp breads) are usually plainer and commonly eaten with cheese following a meal. Many savoury biscuits also contain additional ingredients for flavour or texture, such as poppy seeds, onion or onion seeds, cheese (such as cheese melts), and olives. You can have Biscuits using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Biscuits
- It’s 2 cups of self-rising flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of white granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 3/8 cup (6 tbsp) of shortening.
- Prepare 1/4 cup (4 tbsp) of cold butter.
- It’s 1 cup of buttermilk.
My biscuits won the Best Quick Bread division at my county fair. One of the judges liked it so much, she asked for the recipe! This simple, made from scratch, butter biscuit recipe from Paula Deen is a Southern favorite for breakfast. Ingredients include all-purpose flour, cubed butter and milk.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees..
- Cut the butter into small pieces and stick back in the fridge pulling out only when ready to incorporate into the dough..
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt..
- Cut butter and shortening into dry ingredients..
- Mix in buttermilk and gently knead just a couple of times..
- Roll out and cut into rounds..
- Brush tops with additional buttermilk..
- Bake for 15-20 min. until brown on top..
- Brush with melted butter immediately after removing from oven..
- Enjoy !.
Homemade biscuits call for just six ingredients: all-purpose flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, butter, and milk. And then more butter once they're finished baking because of course we need more butter. I mentioned that these biscuits are easy so. The BEST Homemade Biscuit recipe you'll ever try! In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.