Chipped, Chopped BBQ Ham (Originally From Pittsburgh Pa, but Here in Swpa We All. See great recipes for Chipped, Chopped BBQ Ham (Originally From Pittsburgh Pa, but Here in Swpa We All too! I'm originally from Western PA but now live in Ohio. I make it for big get togethers in a crock pot so it just stays hot and people can eat when they want to!
My husband is from Pittsburgh and he makes the chipped ham bbq. He is always complaining though that here in Florida they don't know how to chip. The brand's famous chipped chopped ham is the heart and soul of this sandwich (and a cherished feast for those who grew up in Western Pennsylvania and parts of. You can make Chipped, Chopped BBQ Ham (Originally From Pittsburgh Pa, but Here in Swpa We All using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chipped, Chopped BBQ Ham (Originally From Pittsburgh Pa, but Here in Swpa We All
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb of isaly's chipped ham (u can get this online if u aint from this area but u could also use any deli ham u like just make aure its cut razor thin).
- It’s 1 small of onion, chopped fine.
- You need 4 tbsp of butter.
- You need 2 cup of heinz ketchup (ONLY HEINZ!).
- Prepare 1/3 cup of vinegar.
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s 2 tbsp of brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of yellow prepared mustard.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of sweet relish (may use dill).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1 of couple packs of hamburger buns of your choice, we like ours a lil toasted but not needed.
They are famous for their chip chopped ham. If you can find this, it's the best. Everyone also has their own recipe. Ham barbecue: A quintessential Pittsburgh food that is neither ham nor barbecue.
Chipped, Chopped BBQ Ham (Originally From Pittsburgh Pa, but Here in Swpa We All step by step
- In a med skillet add the butter, then add your meat and onion and cook on med heat until onion becomes tender..
- Add the rest of the ingredients and let simmer for about 30 min..
- That's it! Oh so yummy goodness and very easy to prepare. This could also be made in a crockpot by just dumping everything in and letting it cook til your ready for it..
- Some people add different toppings but we eat it just like it is. It's a must try if you haven't had it!.
recipe by alisha @cookpad
Not ham in the Many readers insisted not only on Pittsburgh-style chipped ham, but also on other Pittsburgh "I now get a supply of 'chipped' ham and other Pittsburgh staples shipped here every couple months. This is a recipe originally published in the Pittsburgh Post Gazette for a regional favorite using local products, Heinz ketchup and Isalys chipped ham, although shaved deli. Chipped chopped ham or chipped ham is a processed ham luncheon meat made from chopped ham. Chopped ham is a mixture of ham chunks and trimmings and seasonings, ground together and then packaged into loaves. From BBQ Ribs, BBQ Chicken, BBQ Briskey, BBQ Ham, BBQ Hot Dogs and many others we are here to help you do BBQ better.