Chicken cordon bleu. Chicken stuffed with ham and cheese, coated with crunchy golden breadcrumbs. You'd swear it's fried – but it's baked. Learn how to cook chicken cordon bleu recipe.
Veal or pork cordon bleu is made of veal or pork pounded thin and wrapped around a slice of ham and a slice of cheese, breaded. Chicken Cordon Bleu sauce really completes this dish. It's creamy and tangy and like a next-level gravy. You can have Chicken cordon bleu using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken cordon bleu
- You need 1 of deli roasted chicken rotisserie.
- Prepare 1 can of cream of chicken soup.
- You need 1 C of milk.
- You need 2 t of Dijon mustard.
- It’s 1/4 t of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 t of pepper.
- You need 1/2 lb of deli sliced ham.
- Prepare 1 C of shredded Swiss cheese.
- You need 5 oz of croutons partially crushed.
You start by making a basic gravy and then add Dijon mustard and Parmesan to take it into a. Chicken Cordon Bleu is a dish composed of chicken breasts, ham, and Swiss cheese. The ham and Swiss cheese are arranged on top of the chicken breast and rolled together then dredged in bread. Chicken cordon bleu is one of those meal-in-one dishes, which appeals to my family's tastes in different ways.
Chicken cordon bleu instructions
- Shred chicken and add to a large bowl along with cream of chicken soup, milk, dijon mustard, salt and pepper. Mix until blended then pour into a 9 x 13 casserole dish sprayed with non-stick spray..
- Roughly chop ham and layer on top of chicken mixture then top with shredded swiss cheese..
- Top casserole with partially crushed croutons..
- Cover with foil..
- Loosely cover and bake in oven at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with salad and dinner rolls..
recipe by Chef Ty @cookpad
It has the crispy exterior from the breadcrumb mixture that the kids enjoy. Ham and Swiss cheese are wrapped up in a chicken cutlet, coated in breadcrumbs and baked to perfection. Chicken Cordon Bleu is usually stuffed with ham and Swiss cheese, but you can use any cheese your family likes such as mozzarella or Gruyere. Chicken cordon bleu is typically deep-fried or pan fried, but here we simply bake it in the oven. Fix mashed potatoes and a side of green beans while the chicken bakes.