You can make Dates- payasam using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Dates- payasam
- You need 200 gms of Ada.
- It’s 250 gms of molasses.
- It’s 250 gms of dates.
- It’s 150 gms of cashews.
- It’s 150 gms of badam (Almond).
- You need 100 gms of kismis.
- It’s 1 tin of Milkmaid.
- It’s 1 cup of coconut milk.
- Prepare 2 cups of milk dairy.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of ghee.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cardamom ginger ,dried – powder.
Dates- payasam step by step
- Molasses is boiled with two cups water,dissolved and filtered. Pour the above molasses into a hot pan and add the pre-cooked ada into the pan along with the coconut milk and boil for some 10 to 15 minutes till the ada is blended with the molasses.
- The dates are cleaned cut to very small pieces or blended and fried in ghee and kept aside. Fry the kismis, half the badam and cashews cut to small pieces in the balance ghee. Powder the other half of badam and cashew nuts and keep aside..
- Now add the dates,cashew,kismiss and badam,fried in ghee along with the balance ghee into the above payasam. Dissove the milk maid into two cups of milk and add to the above.Add the spices powder followed by badam powder and cashew powder. Add a pinch of salt. Mix everything well. Add more dairy milk if the payasam is too thick to the required consistency. Take out from fire and serve hot.Yummy dates payasam s ready. It can b decorated with powdered form of chocolate biscuits..
recipe by JollyAbraham @cookpad