Gluten free chocolate cake.
You can have Gluten free chocolate cake using 14 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Gluten free chocolate cake
- You need of Cake ingredients:.
- Prepare 300 g of butter.
- It’s 300 g of light brown sugar.
- It’s 200 g of gluten free self raising flour.
- Prepare 6 of medium eggs.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of xantham gum.
- You need 200 g of dark chocolate.
- You need of Buttercream ingredients:.
- Prepare 250 g of butter.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 400 g of icing sugar.
- Prepare 200 g of dark chocolate.
- It’s of To finish:.
- Prepare of Strawberries.
Gluten free chocolate cake instructions
- Cake: Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Melt dark chocolate in a bain marie (place a bowl with the chocolate over a saucepan with hot water in).
- Beat together butter and light brown sugar.
- Beat in to the butter and sugar mixture gluten free self raising flour, eggs and xantham gum.
- Once the dark chocolate has cooled fold in to the mixture.
- Grease two 20cm cake tins with butter and then pour mixture evenly between the two tins.
- Place tins in the oven for around 35-40 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when poked in the cake.
- Buttercream: Melt dark chocolate in a bain marie.
- Beat butter to loosen it before beating in icing sugar and vanilla extract.
- Fold in dark chocolate.
- Decorating: Spread half of the buttercream on one of the cakes and sliced strawberries.
- Place the other cake on top of the cake spread with buttercream.
- Top with the rest of the buttercream and whole strawberries.
recipe by nicolehooper @cookpad