Sweet Potato Fried Dumplings.
You can cook Sweet Potato Fried Dumplings using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato Fried Dumplings
- Prepare of sweet potatoes/ranga aloo.
- You need of all purpose flour.
- You need of sugar.
- You need of water.
- It’s of oil for frying.
- You need of stuffing:.
- It’s of scraped coconut.
- You need of khowa/khoya.
- Prepare of date palm jaggery crushed.
Sweet Potato Fried Dumplings step by step
- Cut and boil sweet potatoes. They should be just tender so that they can be mashed well and not become mushy. Peel and mash them. Add all-purpose flour and knead so that no lumps are there..
- Scrape coconut. Melt jaggery in a pan with 1/4th cup water. When the syrup is reduced to a sticky consistency, add the coconut and toss. Mix khowa and stir continuously till a lump is formed. Set aside the filling to cool. Pinch lemon sized balls from the potato. Shape it into a cup and add 1 tsp coconut filling in it. Press evenly and shape into round balls.Toss the balls in dry flour..
- Make a syrup by boiling water and sugar and boil till one string consistency. Heat refined oil in a wok and fry the dumplings till golden brown. Dip the dumplings in hot sugar syrup and set in a wide bowl as these will absorb sugar syrup and become fluffy. Give a standing time so that the fried dumplings are well coated in syrup. Serve hot or cold..
recipe by Kumkum Chatterjee @cookpad