Alligator chili and beans. Season with chili powder, cumin, cinnamon, smoked paprika, celery salt, ground ginger, salt, and pepper. In this episode of "What's Cooking?" Michael travels to Mendham, New Jersey where Allrecipes home cook, Doug, teaches us how to make Alligator Chili! I've never had alligator before and never thought of it in chili, so this recipe caught my eye.
Exotic Gourmet Canned Wild Game Chili. Just heat & serve by the bowl. Great for Taco Salad or use as a base for Huevos Rancheros or Cowboy Eggs. You can have Alligator chili and beans using 22 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Alligator chili and beans
- Prepare 1 lb of alligator meat.
- It’s 1 lb of ground chuck.
- You need 1 of sweet onion med diced.
- You need 1 of green bell pepper med diced.
- It’s 15 oz of black beans drained.
- You need 15 oz of kidney beans drained.
- It’s 32 oz of crushed tomatoes.
- It’s 32 oz of V8 tomato juice spicy hot.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Evoo.
- It’s of sea salt.
- Prepare of black pepper.
- It’s 2 tsp of Ghost pepper infused salt (optional).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Cajun seasoning.
- You need 2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 2 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground ginger.
- It’s 2 tbsp of chili powder.
- It’s 2 tsp of celery salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of marjoram leaves.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1 tbsp of smoked paprika.
- It’s 2 of chipotle peppers in adobe sauce, minced.
Alligator Meat, Beans, Water, Tomato, Chili Spices, Onion, Salt & Cocoa. The Best Alligator Meat Recipes on Yummly Alligator meat, pinto beans, vegetable oil, tomato sauce, onions, chicken broth, celery, chili powder, green bell peppers, cumin, garlic, salt and black pepper, jalapeño pepper. In a heavy dutch oven, heat oil over medium high heat.
Alligator chili and beans instructions
- Oil large skillet with evoo and sweat onions and bell pepper at low heat until onions become translucent..
- Put all dry (excluding salt and black pepper) seasonings in a separate bowl and mix them.
- Once onions are translucent transfer onions and bell peppers to crock pot.
- Use skillet to cook the ground chuck and ground alligator meat, raise to med high heat and constantly fold in pinches of the salt and pepper until to desired taste and evenly brown..
- Add small amounts of dry seasoning mixture to developed flavor then add beans, crushed tomatoes, chipotle peppers to skillet and continually stirring and pinching in seasonings.
- Once at a good simmer and flavor has reached desired level add mixture into crock pot with V8 juice and all remaining seasonings..
- Thoroughly mix and place at 2 and a half hours on low heat.
- After done cooking give a taste to see if any additional salt, pepper, or spice would be desired, if so add, mix and simmer for 5 minutes then enjoy.
Add alligator and sauté twenty minutes to render juices. Bolivia Colombia Kuwait Mexico Peru Portugal United States Other European Countries Other. Alligator Chili Recipe. by Global Cookbook. Add in pinto beans, tomatoes, tomato paste salt, pepper, cumin, and jalapeno. Alligator pepper (also known as mbongo spice or hepper pepper) is a West African spice made from the seeds and seed pods of Aframomum danielli, A. citratum or A. exscapum.