Rainbow Sherbet ( Sorbet ) Filled Striped Vanilla Cake Roll.
You can cook Rainbow Sherbet ( Sorbet ) Filled Striped Vanilla Cake Roll using 17 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Rainbow Sherbet ( Sorbet ) Filled Striped Vanilla Cake Roll
- You need of VANILLA STRIPED CAKE ROLL.
- Prepare 6 of large eggs, seperated.
- It’s 1/4 cup of sour cream oom temperature.
- You need 1 1/2 of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of cake flour.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cream of tarter.
- It’s of confectioner's sugar.
- You need of drops of red, blue and yellow food color gel or liquid.
- It’s of SHERBET FILLING.
- It’s 6 cup of rainbow flavored sherbet, softened, The Sherbet I am referring to here is a frozen fruit confection with the ice creams, it's like a creamy fruit ice, like a sorbet.
- Prepare of FROSTING.
- You need 1 of recipe White Chocolate Ganache Frosting and Filling, recipe attached in direction step #15.
- It’s of GARNISH.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of rainbow sprinkles.
Rainbow Sherbet ( Sorbet ) Filled Striped Vanilla Cake Roll step by step
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 15 by 10 by 1 inch je)y roll pan with bakers spray. Line pan with parchment paper and spray paper with parchment spray.
- Have egg whites in one large bowl and egg yolks in another large bowl and have them both at room temperature.
- Whisk flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- Beat egg yolks and sour cream until light in color and increased in volume. Beat in 1 cup of the sugar and vanilla until well blended.
- Stir in the flour mixture, make sure it's well incoorated but don't overmix.
- With clean and dry beaters beat egg whites and cream of tarter until soft peaks form, Slowly add the remaining sugar and beat until glossy peaks form.
- Fold 1/4 of egg white mixture into egg yolk mixture then fold in remaining in 3 more additions.
- Carfully seperate batter into 3 bowls, trying not to deflate to much.
- Add drops of food color, blue to one bowl. Red to the second bowl and yellow to the third, fold just until color is uniform..
- Spread each layer of batter in stripes in prepared pan as shown belo, smooth tops..
- Bake 16 to 18 minutes until cake springs back when touched and is no longer sticky feeling to touch. Cool 5 minutes in pan on rack then run a small knife around the edges to unstuck any ends of cake.
- After cake cools 5 minutes Invert onto confectioner's sugar dusted kitchen towel. Carefully peel off parchment paper.
- Roll cake up in towel and cool on rack.
- Unroll cooled cake and spread softened sherbet over surface, leaving some space at edges. Roll up using towel to help keep tight and cover and frezze at least 6 hours before frosting.
- Frost cake with White Chocolate Ganache Frosting, recipe attached below, then cover with sprinkles and re frezze until hard about 2 hours https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/359637-white-chocolate-ganache-whipped-frosting-filling.