When it comes to fall desserts, there’s nothing quite like the taste of pumpkin. From pumpkin pie to pumpkin bread, there are endless ways to enjoy this seasonal flavor. One of our favorite recipes is the 3 ingredient pumpkin dump cake. Not only is it incredibly easy to make, but it’s also a crowd-pleaser that everyone will love.
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 can pumpkin puree (15 oz)
- 1 can evaporated milk (12 oz)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the yellow cake mix, pumpkin puree, and evaporated milk. Mix well until all ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let cool for a few minutes before serving.
Each serving of 3 ingredient pumpkin dump cake contains:
- Calories: 250
- Total Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Sodium: 400mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 47g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Sugars: 28g
- Protein: 3g
The 3 ingredient pumpkin dump cake takes approximately 45-50 minutes to bake in the oven.
- Large mixing bowl
- 9×13 inch baking dish
- Mixing spoon
3 ingredient pumpkin dump cake is delicious on its own, but you can also serve it with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream for an extra treat.
Want to mix things up? Here are a few variations you can try:
- Replace the yellow cake mix with spice cake mix for a more autumnal flavor.
- Add a teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice to the mixture for an extra kick of flavor.
- Sprinkle chopped pecans or walnuts on top of the cake mix before baking for a crunchy texture.
If you don’t have all the ingredients on hand, here are some substitutions you can make:
- You can use any type of cake mix in place of the yellow cake mix.
- If you don’t have evaporated milk, you can use regular milk instead.
- If you can’t find canned pumpkin puree, you can make your own by roasting a pumpkin and pureeing the flesh.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days. You can also freeze the cake for up to three months.
- Make sure to grease your baking dish well to prevent the cake from sticking.
- If you want a more cake-like texture, you can add an extra egg to the mixture.
- For a sweeter cake, you can add a cup of brown sugar to the mixture.
The 3 ingredient pumpkin dump cake is a quick and easy dessert that’s perfect for fall gatherings. It’s not only delicious, but it also requires minimal effort, making it a great option for busy weeknights.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Can I use fresh pumpkin instead of canned pumpkin puree?
- Can I use a different type of cake mix?
- Can I make this recipe dairy-free?
Yes, you can use fresh pumpkin puree instead of canned pumpkin puree. Simply roast a pumpkin and puree the flesh until smooth.
Yes, you can use any type of cake mix in place of the yellow cake mix. Spice cake mix is a great option for fall.
Yes, you can use a dairy-free cake mix and coconut milk instead of evaporated milk to make this recipe dairy-free.
The 3 ingredient pumpkin dump cake is a fall staple in my household. It’s so easy to make and tastes delicious. I love how the pumpkin puree gives the cake a moist, dense texture and the yellow cake mix adds the perfect amount of sweetness. This recipe is a must-try for anyone who loves pumpkin desserts.
The 3 ingredient pumpkin dump cake is a deliciously easy fall dessert that requires minimal effort. With only three ingredients, it’s perfect for busy weeknights or fall gatherings. This recipe can be customized with different cake mixes and toppings, making it a versatile dessert option. Try it out for yourself and enjoy the taste of fall.
Keywords: 3 ingredient pumpkin dump cake, fall dessert, pumpkin puree, yellow cake mix, evaporated milk, easy recipe, dessert