Tomato dates chutney.
You can cook Tomato dates chutney using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tomato dates chutney
- It’s 3 of big tomatoes.
- It’s 2 tbsp of mustard oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of 5 spices (onion seeds, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds, fennel seeds).
- You need 1 tsp of grated ginger.
- It’s 1-2 of dried red chillies.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of raisins.
- It’s 2 tbsp of chopped dates.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of dry mango powder.
Tomato dates chutney instructions
- Heat mustard oil in a wok..
- Add the 5 spices and let the seeds crackle..
- Add grated ginger and red chillies and sauté for half minute..
- Add chopped tomatoes and salt to taste and sauté on low flame till the tomatoes are soft..
- Add raisins and chopped dates and mix well..
- Add sugar and dry mango powder and mix well. Cook for 3-4 minutes till thick..
- Switch off the gas and serve with pooris or paranthas..
recipe by Anjali Valecha @cookpad