Chocolate Birthday Cake.
You can make Chocolate Birthday Cake using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Birthday Cake
- You need 1/2 cup of butter.
- It’s 3/4 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of vanilla.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/8 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 cup of cocoa.
- You need 1 cup of flour.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of buttermilk.
- Prepare of icing.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of + 2 tbsp unsalted butter.
- You need 1/8 tsp of salt.
- It’s 6 tbsp of cocoa.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla.
- Prepare 1 cup of icing sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cream, milk, or water.
Chocolate Birthday Cake instructions
- A not too dark chocolate cake that everone loves..
- Grease and flour 8 in round pan. I line bottom with parchment. Heat oven to 350°F..
- Cream butter and sugar, beat in egg, then vanilla. Mix in baking powder, soda and salt, and sifted cocoa. Stir in flour alternately with buttermilk..
- Spread in pan and bake about 35 min, til top springs back when pressed in centre. Turn out onto rack to cool..
- For icing, mix all ingredients til smooth, scrape down bowl and beat several minutes til light and fluffy. add more liquid or icing sugar if necessary. Spread on cooled cake..
- For cupcakes, fill 12 cups three quarters full, and bake about 25 min. Easy to double the recipe to make a 2-layer cake for 12 people..