Use-up Ham, Shallot, Chili & Pepper Frittata.
You can make Use-up Ham, Shallot, Chili & Pepper Frittata using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Use-up Ham, Shallot, Chili & Pepper Frittata
- It’s 250 g of new potatoes, skins on.
- Prepare 40 g of butter.
- It’s 4 of banana shallots, peeled and sliced.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic, sliced.
- Prepare 1 of red chili with seeds, sliced.
- Prepare 1 of red pepper, deseeded and in thin, short slices.
- You need 6 of eggs.
- Prepare 150 ml of milk.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of Ground black pepper.
- It’s 150 g of baked ham, diced.
- You need 70 g of Comté cheese, grated.
Use-up Ham, Shallot, Chili & Pepper Frittata instructions
- Pre-heat oven to Gas Mark 4 or electric equivalent (Circotherm 160C)..
- Boil the potatoes in salted water until almost cooked, allow to cool then thickly slice and set aside..
- Use a little of the butter to lightly grease a baking dish..
- Melt the remaining butter in a frying pan and gently fry the shallots for 4 minutes, stirring only to avoid sticking. Add the garlic, chili and pepper and stir gently but thoroughly. Cook for a further 4 minutes or until all is softened but not burnt..
- Beat the eggs and milk together in a mixing bowl, then gently stir in the shallots, garlic, chili and pepper, add the seasoning and finally stir in the ham and cheese..
- Layer the potatoes in the greased baking dish, then pour on the egg mixture ensuring that it is distributed evenly..
- Cook in the pre-heated oven for 40-45 minutes and serve piping hot onto warmed plates, either on its own or with accompaniments of your choice. A light salad goes well..
recipe by John A @cookpad