Popeye’s Biscuits. Remove biscuits from the oven and cool for a couple of minutes, then brush each biscuit top with melted butter. Brush with melted butter and enjoy. My highschool home ec. teacher had it in a church cookbook.
Slice cold butter into cubes and use a pastry blender to cut butter into dry mixture (a pastry blender is a GREAT thing to have, but if you don't have it, use two knives and cut the butter in) until no large chunks of butter remain. Discover our menu and order delivery or pick up from a Popeyes near you. Roll out the dough with a rolling pin and then cut with a biscuit cutter. You can have Popeye’s Biscuits using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Popeye’s Biscuits
- It’s 2 cups of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/2 cup of cold butter.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of buttermilk.
- It’s 1/4 cup of milk.
Dip the biscuits in the melted butter, letting any excess drip off. Place the biscuits on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle the remaining butter over the tops. Dip each biscuit in melted butter,place on cookie sheet touching.
Popeye’s Biscuits instructions
- Preheat 400°.
- Mix together 2 cups AP flour, 1 Tbsp sugar, 1 1/2 tsp salt, 1 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp baking soda in a medium bowl.
- Slice 1/2 cup of cold butter into cubes. Add it to the dry mixture and use a pastry knife or a potato masher to cut the butter in. Do it until no large chunks of butter remain..
- Add 1/2 cup buttermilk and 1/4 cup milk to the mixture. Stir with a spoon until dough forms..
- Roll on floured surface. Roll out ti 1/2” thick..
- Use a 3” biscuit cutter. Arrange on lightly greased parchment paper lined cookie sheet..
- Cook 22 to 24 minutes. Until brown. Brush with butter.
Pour any left over butter on top. So much of a thing that he reportedly served it at his wedding. Mix all ingredients together and form biscuit. Do not overwork; this is a drop biscuit. Coat the biscuit on both side with some melted butter and place on cookie sheet.