Smokey Crock-pot Venison Chili.
You can have Smokey Crock-pot Venison Chili using 21 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Smokey Crock-pot Venison Chili
- You need 1 lb of venison shank steaks.
- You need 2 lb of venison – ground.
- It’s 3/4 lb of Bratwurst.
- Prepare 12 medium of tomatoes or 2- 28 oz whole peeled cans.
- It’s 1 can of Red Beans 15.5 oz can.
- Prepare 1 can of Navy Beans 15.5 oz can.
- Prepare 1 can of Whole Kernel Corn 15.25 oz can.
- Prepare 2 large of Red Bell Peppers.
- You need 1 large of Yellow Bell Pepper.
- You need 1 large of Orange Bell Pepper.
- You need 2 packages of Sazon Goya Seasoning.
- You need 3 tbsp of Chili Powder.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of Ground Cumin.
- You need 2 tsp of Ground Smoked Paprika.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Worcestershire Sauce.
- It’s 3 dash of Tobasco.
- Prepare 1 can of Tomato Paste 6 oz can.
- You need 12 of Jalapenos (optional).
- Prepare 2 of Ghost Peppers (very optional).
- Prepare of Salt and Pepper.
- You need 2 tbsp of Olive Oil.
Smokey Crock-pot Venison Chili step by step
- Using a large frying pan, sautee the steaks and brats on medium heat..
- If useing garden tomatoes. Preheat oven to 350. Cut tomatoes in half and place them cut side down onto oiled cookie sheet. Drizzle oil onto tomatoes and sprinkle with salt. Roast in oven for 20 minutes..
- Remove steaks at medium doneness leaving the brats and juices. Sautee the ground venison until medium..
- Cut steaks into 1/2" pieces and put into crockpot. Add ground venison and all the cooking juices. (Venison is very lean so it is juices not fat). Leave alone for 10 minutes so the meat reassorbs the juices..
- Sautee brats longer until slightly charred. Then slice into 1/2" pieces and add to crockpot.
- Take tomatoes out of oven. Using two forks, so you don't burn yourself, peel skin off and discard. Pour all juices and tomatoes into crockpot..
- Chop the peppers into 1/2" pieces and put into crockpot. Drain beans and corn and put them into crockpot..
- Add remaining ingredients except paste and stir till combined..
- Heat on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours. I enjoy this chili over a slice of corn bread..
- After halfway cooking you can add paste if chili is too thin. Also can add jalapenos and/or your favorite hot sauce to heat things up..