Ham and cheese puff pastry. To make this ham and cheese puff pastry, you will likely need a few ingredients that probably don't have a permanent spot in your refrigerator. So, some planning ahead is required but certainly not difficult. For some reason, when I made this recipe, I did happen to have most items on hand.
On top of that ham sprinkle some shredded cheese. Use what you like(I like mozzarella, provolone, cheddar, gruyere etc). I like cheese, so any cheese that melts. You can make Ham and cheese puff pastry using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Ham and cheese puff pastry
- Prepare 8 oz of whole grain mustard.
- It’s 8 oz of Apricot preserves.
- Prepare 1 each of sheet of puff pastry.
- You need 1/4 cup of Brown sugar.
- You need 1 of egg.
- It’s 1 1/2 lb of White cheddar cheese shredded.
- Prepare 1 1/4 lb of ham.
Puff pastry makes this Ham and Cheese Quiche so easy! No dough to prep, just press into the pan, fill and bake — perfect for Mother's Day, Father's Day, or any holiday brunch! A delicious appetizer of ham + cheese puff pastry. Cut into squares and serve warm.
Ham and cheese puff pastry instructions
- Pre heat oven to 425.
- Thaw out one sheet of puff pastry.
- As puff pastry is thawing mix the apricot preserves with whole grain mustard in a bowl.
- Once puff pastry is thawed sprinkle flour on your cutting board to keep from sticking and sprinkle some on the sheet of puff pastry and with rolling pin roll out the puff pastry to get rid of the creases in the sheet.
- Next spread the mixture of mustard and preserve on the puff pastry then on 1/2 of the puff pastry add 1 pound of the slice ham and then the one pound of cheese.
- Then fold the sheet over the ingredients like making a call one and seal it with your figures or a fork.
- Once sealed place on a baking sheet and make vents on top like you would a pie to let the steam out then crack the egg and beat it and add a teaspoon of water to make a egg wash and brush all over the puff pastry.
- Place into the oven and bake till golden brown all ovens are different mine took about 40 min to cook just keep an eye on it after 20 min of cooking.
- As it is cooking take the rest of the ham and add the brown sugar to a saute pan and cook till carmeized.
- Once it is finish cooking take out of the oven add the rest of the cheese and then the caramelized ham let cheese melt from the heat and then serve with any style off eggs you like I usually just make scrambled eggs.
recipe by chefwill29 @cookpad
Add the ham and sprinkle with cheese. Brush the border with egg wash to create a seal. My pastry brush went rogue, so I used a scrunched up paper towel instead- works totally fine. Puff pastry is known to be one of those intimidating foods, isn't it? I was certainly bracing myself for disaster when I tried making it today for the first time ever.