Smoked bbq baked beans. Smoked BBQ Baked Beans: Today, I am putting together a simple baked bean recipe to throw onto the smoker. Baked beans for a barbecue is an age-old tradition. Easy recipe for Barbecue Baked Beans Smoked right on the BBQ Pit #barbecuebakedbeans #bbqbakedbeans #howtobbqright My mom was always in charge of making the.
This recipe below is more Southern than Boston Baked Beans, sweeter, and will Step up your next cookout with this recipe for the ultimate BBQ baked beans featuring a kiss of Bourbon. This will arguably result in the best baked beans. Make this BBQ baked beans recipe from dried or canned beans. You can have Smoked bbq baked beans using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Smoked bbq baked beans
- Prepare 2 lbs of Navy beans.
- Prepare of Water to cook beans 6 cups or more.
- It’s of Favorite bbq sauce.
- It’s to taste of Brown sugar.
- It’s to taste of Yellow mustard.
- Prepare Half of a red onion diced.
- It’s of Bacon or leftover ham optional.
- You need to taste of Minced garlic.
- You need of Salt and pepper to taste and an other seasoning you like.
- Prepare to taste of Hot sauce of choice.
- You need of Aluminum throwaway pan.
- Prepare of Wood chips of choice.
- It’s of Water for pan in smoker.
Easy BBQ Baked Beans that are comforting, slightly sweet, mildly smoky, rich, meaty, and totally indulgent. Because the flavor of most store bought liquid smokes is, frankly, terrible. This is especially true when adding to something like baked beans. Baked beans are a traditional barbecue side dish dating back centuries.
Smoked bbq baked beans step by step
- Presoak beans in a quick soak or overnight follow bag instructions.
- Cook beans to package instructions. I did a quick soak and did everything in a pressure cooker/ instant pot. I covered my beans with water little over 6 cups, cooked on low for 3 mins with a natural release of ten mins… then quick release..
- Drained water from cooked beans. Set aside.
- In a frying pan add some oil to just cover the bottom and brown the diced onion, and right before it’s done add in the minced garlic, and ham / bacon. I used leftover Easter ham and use my food processor, or can leave in bits sizes chunks… bacon- if using bacon cut it in small chunks before frying with onions. Set aside.
- In a big bowl add in all the wet ingredients and spices, brown sugar… mix, then add in the onion mixture, mix up some more, then carefully fold in cooked beans, (at this point this can be done lol or just popped in the oven to heat up if you don’t have a smoker or didn’t want to smoke them, beans are already fully cooked.).
- Spray Aluminum pan with cooking spray. Pour beans into pan..
- Set up smoker. I use an Electric smoker. I put my food in turn on high till it starts to smoke and then go to med heat. And replace wood chips as needed. I let this go for about 4 hrs checking on them from time to time. Cooking times just depends on how you want your bbq bake beans. I just taste test,and pull them out to my liking. This can go for just 2 hrs or all day.. the choice is yours….
recipe by 💜NinjaMommaKitchen💙 @cookpad
Choose from a variety of recipes, some featuring smoked meat. Beans of any type, whether dry or canned, should be given plenty of time to cook, low and slow. This lets the flavors blend together to create a well-balanced dish. These BBQ baked beans are sweet, savory, beefy, hearty, and oh so delicious! The crock pot makes this dish easy to transport for potlucks.