Chocolate & Walnut Cake (GF) (DF).
You can make Chocolate & Walnut Cake (GF) (DF) using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Chocolate & Walnut Cake (GF) (DF)
- You need 50 g of dark chocolate.
- Prepare 50 g of chopped walnuts.
- It’s 60 g of ground almonds.
- It’s 200 g of coconut sugar (or regular granulated).
- It’s 100 g of GF plain flour (or regular plain flour if not gluten intolerant).
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 100 mls of olive oil.
- You need 3 of eggs, beaten.
- It’s of Buttercream Ingredients.
- Prepare 65 g of icing sugar.
- You need 60 g of dairy free margarine.
- Prepare 10 g of cocoa powder.
Chocolate & Walnut Cake (GF) (DF) step by step
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C and line a rectangular brownie tin with parchment paper..
- Melt the chocolate in a Bain Marie (a bowl placed over a gently simmering saucepan of water). When the chocolate is melted, stir in the olive oil and set the bowl to one side to cool..
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl..
- When the chocolate mix is cool, stir in the beaten eggs, then add the chocolate/egg mixture to the dry ingredients. Stir well to fully mix..
- Pour the batter into the lined tray and bake for 15-20 minutes, until a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool for 10 mins in the pan, the. Turn into a wire rack to cool completely..
- When the cake is completely cool, cut it in half lengthways so that you have two oblong cakes..
- For the buttercream, beat together the margarine, cocoa powder and icing sugar until smooth. Use the chocolate cream to sandwich the two halves together..
recipe by Sonia @cookpad