Butternut Squash Soup. It adds just the right balance for the squash. Ready in an hour and freezes well. Fortunately for you, it could not be easier.
This deep golden soup is as pretty as it is yummy. If you'd like, you can intensify the garlic flavor by adding an extra bulb. Smoked paprika-spiced popcorn serves as an unusual, yet genius, topper to this recipe that can be cooked up in under an hour. You can have Butternut Squash Soup using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Butternut Squash Soup
- You need 2 of medium sized butternut squash.
- It’s 2 of yellow onions.
- Prepare 2 (32 oz) of containers of vegetable broth.
- It’s 4 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of thyme.
- It’s 1 tbsp of garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of sage.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
The farmer's market is stocked with beautiful squashes and pumpkins this time of year. I bought this beautiful squash and got inspired to paint my kitchen the same color. This soup is so easy to make, and takes a very short time. Enjoy this any time of the year, as it can be served cold or hot, depending on the season.
Butternut Squash Soup step by step
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Oil a sheet pan, slice both squash in half and remove seeds. Lay on sheet pan with the skin side on the sheet pan. Distribute 2-3tbsp of olive oil between all squash halves, coat them in olive oil. Add some salt, then put them in the oven for 45 minutes or until soft..
- Once the squash is out of the oven and cooling, dice your two onions and throw them into a pot that has a tablespoon of olive oil. Sautee for a couple minutes, while sauteing chop up your squash, or gut it if you dont like the skin, then add the squash to the pot. Then add your garlic, fresh or granulated. Then add your vegetable broth all at once. Add your sage and thyme too. Bring to a boil, let boil for a minute or so, then use a hand blender to smooth out the soup. Or dump it into a blender..
- Boom. Perfect butternut squash soup..
It is healthy and goes with any meal. You're just a few ingredients away from this incredibly delicious, comforting, and healthy soup. It's a healthy, hearty, delicious single serving meal!