Date and walnut bars.
You can cook Date and walnut bars using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Date and walnut bars
- You need 1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 cup of butter, melted.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Dark brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of White sugar.
- Prepare 3 of Eggs.
- It’s 1 cup of Dates, chopped.
- You need 1 cup of Walnuts, chopped.
Date and walnut bars instructions
- Sift the flour. Add the baking powder, baking soda and salt into the flour. Set aside..
- Add brown sugar, white sugar to the melted butter. Mix well..
- Add the eggs to the butter-sugar mixture one at a time. Make sure the eggs are mixed well. Then , fold in dates and walnuts to the mixture..
- Add the flour. Mix until just combined, dont overbeat..
- Oil or butter the pan (9×14 inch). Pour the batter and spread evenly. Bake at 350°F for 30-40 minutes or until done..
- Let it cool completely before cutting into bars..
- You could also wrap them in colored cellophane. Perfect as a holiday treat or gift..
recipe by enelrah77 @cookpad