Chicken Cordon Bleu Bake with Mustard Greens. Cut the puff pastry sheets in half and gently roll out width-wise. Brush the pastry with mustard and place the chicken on to the bottom edge of the pastry. Chicken Cordon Bleu is usually stuffed with ham and Swiss cheese, but you can use any cheese your family likes such as mozzarella or Gruyere.
We opted to skip the frying and bake ours The chicken will bake into a beautiful, golden, and crispy piece of meat that's perfectly swirled on the You start by making a basic gravy and then add Dijon mustard and Parmesan to take it into a. Use a sharp knife to cut each chicken breast in half horizontally to create two chicken breast. Try serving baked breaded chicken cordon bleu with steamed fresh vegetables and a salad of mixed greens tossed with a low-fat vinaigrette. You can have Chicken Cordon Bleu Bake with Mustard Greens using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Cordon Bleu Bake with Mustard Greens
- Prepare 1 packages of Chicken thighs.
- Prepare 1 packages of honey ham.
- It’s 1 packages of mustard greens.
- You need 1 of butter.
- It’s of salt.
- You need of black pepper.
- It’s of garlic powder.
- Prepare of onion powder.
- You need 1 packages of Panko bread crumbs.
- You need 1 packages of Swiss cheese.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
The melted cheese filling of baked chicken cordon bleu will be extremely hot. Use caution when cutting and eating freshly baked cordon bleu. Chicken Cordon Blue Bake is the comfort food you love without all the fuss! The layers of this delicious chicken bake are boneless skinless chicken thighs, Dijon Mustard, ham, Swiss cheese This dish pairs so well with a dimple side salad, steamed green beans, or crispy Brussels sprouts.
Chicken Cordon Bleu Bake with Mustard Greens step by step
- First off, place the mustard greens in a baking dish like a bed for the chicken. Hit it with 1/4 cup of water, salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder. 3 pads of butter on top. That's done..
- Next we take the chicken thighs and pound them out nice and flat. Hit them with salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder..
- I layer each thigh with half a slice of swiss cheese and 4 slices of honey ham..
- Roll up the chicken thighs and place them on top of the mustard greens bed.
- Beat the 2 eggs and use half the egg wash to cover the chicken thighs..
- Cover in panko bread crumbs. Drizzle the other half of the egg wash over the panko bread crumbs and apply another layer of panko on top of that. This cordon bleu is nice and crispy..
- Pop this is the oven at 400°F for 35-45 minutes. I use a meat thermometer to get them to a perfect 165°F..
- Plate and enjoy.
recipe by Raymond Tapia @cookpad
Chicken cordon bleu is a French-inspired poultry dish that was developed by chefs in the United States in an effort to imitate stuffed meat dishes Chicken cordon bleu is certainly a dish your family will love! With the tender, oven-baked chicken and a soft cheesy core, you will find this chicken dish. Fix mashed potatoes and a side of green beans while the chicken bakes. Chicken Cordon Bleu. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. When I made chicken cordon bleu for dinner a few weeks ago, my in-laws chuckled and said that it was the fancy dinner party entrée when they were younger.