Vickys Vanilla Apple Tart, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can have Vickys Vanilla Apple Tart, GF DF EF SF NF using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Vickys Vanilla Apple Tart, GF DF EF SF NF
- Prepare of large eating apples, around 800g.
- Prepare of Juice of half a lemon.
- You need of puff pastry – see my gluten-free vegan recipe.
- It’s of sunflower spread or safe 'butter'.
- You need of vanilla extract.
- You need of caster sugar (superfine sugar).
- You need of Safe milk to glaze – I use light coconut milk.
- Prepare of apricot jam, melted.
Vickys Vanilla Apple Tart, GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- Preheat the oven to gas 7 / 210C / 425F.
- Peel, core and thinly slice the apples.
- Toss the slices in the lemon juice.
- Roll out the pastry to a rectangle around 12 x 10 inches or a round, whatever you like and fold the edge back on itself around 1 cm as shown all the way around.
- Layer the apples over the pastry.
- Then do a second layer on top.
- Dot with the sunflower spread.
- Then sprinkle with the vanilla and sugar and glaze the rolled edge of the pastry with milk.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the pastry has puffed and the apples are cooked through.
- Glaze the apples with the melted apricot jam and serve with safe ice cream or custard – see my previously posted recipes for either.
recipe by Vicky@Jacks Free-From Cookbook @cookpad