1 Hour Dinner Rolls.
You can cook 1 Hour Dinner Rolls using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of 1 Hour Dinner Rolls
- You need 1 cup of water.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of melted unsalted butter.
- You need 2 tbsp. of honey.
- You need 1 tbsp. of active-dry yeast.
- Prepare 3 1/2-4 cups of all purpose flour, divided.
- You need 1 tsp. of salt.
- It’s 2 tbsp. of salted butter, melted, for topping finished rolls.
- It’s of Olive oil, for greasing.
1 Hour Dinner Rolls instructions
- In a microwave safe bowl or measuring cup, combine the water, milk, melted butter and honey. Microwave for 1 minute, then give it a stir. Then microwave in 15 second intervals until it is warm, but not hot. It should be between 100-115°F. Pour the mixture into the bowl of a stand mixer and sprinkle the yeast over the top. Give it a quick stir, then let it sit for about 5 minutes, until the yeast is foamy..
- Add 3 1/2 cups of the flour and the salt to the stand mixer bowl (with the dough hook attachment) and turn the speed to med-low speed until the dry ingredients are incorporated in. If the dough is still sticking to the sides of the bowl, then add in more flour 1/4 cup at a time until the dough pulls away from the bowl and is only slightly sticky to the touch. Don't exceed 4 cups flour, total..
- Switch to low speed and continue to mix for 4-5 minutes. Then form the dough into a ball with your hands and place it into a bowl greased with olive oil. Cover the bowl with a damp towel and let it sit for 15 minutes to rise slightly..
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Grease a 9×13" baking pan with olive oil and set aside..
- Punch down the dough gently and divide it into 12-15 equal sized pieces (the original recipe calls for 15. I make mine slightly bigger and get 12). Roll the pieces into a ball and place them into the prepared baking pan. Then cover the pan with a damp towel and let the dough balls rise for an additional 20 minutes..
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the rolls are golden brown on top. Then remove them from the oven and brush them with the melted salted butter..
- That's it! Seperate the rolls and serve them up..