Maida biscuit or diamond cuts biscuit. Knead the dough till smooth and firm. Use a fork to prick the roti all over. Using a sharp knife, cut the roti length wise about an inch apart.
Gently add in the diamond cuts to the oil. Do not fry the diamonds in very hot oil. As the dough contains sugar, it will caramelize and become really dark if fried in hot oil. You can make Maida biscuit or diamond cuts biscuit using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Maida biscuit or diamond cuts biscuit
- Prepare 1.5 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sugar(powdered).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ghee.
- Prepare Pinch of salt.
- Prepare of Oil for frying.
Using biscuit roller/cutter or pizza cutter or knife cut the rolled chapati horizontally first, then vertically to make diamond shaped maida biscuits. Heat oil in a pan or kadai, just check the oil is heated enough, by dropping a pinch of dough in to it, if it raises up to the surface, then it is right temperature for. Maida biscuits / Sweet Diamond Cuts are very easy to make and I love the whole process especially cutting them into diamonds with the special cutter. I always struggle cutting diamond shapes so I usually rehearse the pattern once in a paper sounds silly?! yes trust me I do it everytime I have to cut them into diamonds even for kaju katli.
Maida biscuit or diamond cuts biscuit step by step
- Into a mixing bowl add Maida, powdered sugar (its very important to powder the sugar), ghee and salt, mix well and gradually add water to form a soft dough (chapathi dough consistency) (we can also use butter instead of ghee).
- Divide the dough into 2 and spread it (do not roll it too thin or too thick) Then cut it square or diamond shaped with a knife..
- Once the oil is hot drop the diamonds one by one and fry until golden brown. (oil should be on medium heat)..
- That's it our delicious Maida biscuit / Diamond cuts is ready to be enjoyed with a cup of Tea / Coffee. Kids will definitely love it..
We usually use a special designed cutter for. Maida Biscuits/Diamond Cuts – is a deep fried sweet snack made with all purpose flour, sugar, cardamom powder and ghee. This snack is made especially during diwali and christmas time. But honestly, at anytime this biscuits would be a scrumptious snack to munch on. Sweet diamond cuts or maida biscuits as we call it, its so addictive and tasty.