Ham and Cheese Potato Soup. Combine potatoes, celery, carrots, onion, ham, and water/broth in stockpot and bring to boil. Then cook over medium heat until potatoes Stir the cheese mixture into the stockpot and cook until heated through. (I also will break up some of the potatoes for thickness. It gets thicker as it cools.
You need this ham and cheese potato soup in your life. It goes down with my reuben soup for being one of the best soups I've made this season. Remove from heat then mix in sour cream, cheddar, and Swiss until the. You can have Ham and Cheese Potato Soup using 10 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Ham and Cheese Potato Soup
- You need 4 of baking potatoes, peeled and diced.
- You need 1 of small onion, diced.
- You need 2 stalks of celery, diced small.
- You need 6 of baby carrots, diced small.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of deli ham, diced small.
- Prepare 1 quart of chicken broth, I used my own homemade because I have it. Boxed is fine.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of cheese of choice.
- You need 2 cups of half and half.
- It’s of Green onions, sliced optional.
- Prepare of Salt pepper onion and garlic powders.
This thick and chunky potato soup is made with the addition of ham. It's a hearty soup and very quick and easy to prepare and cook. The recipe is easily doubled for a crowd or tailgating event. Home · Recipes · Seasonal · Fall · Cheesy Ham and Potato Soup Recipe.
Ham and Cheese Potato Soup step by step
- Sauté your onions, celery, and carrots in a little olive oil. Add seasonings. Add the ham. Pour in the broth and add the potatoes..
- Cook til potatoes are tender. Lower heat and add half and half. I mash my potatoes with a potato masher but leave it chunky. Stir in cheese and cook on low until it all melts and melds. Spoon it up and garnish with green onions. We have crusty bread and butter and sliced sharp cheddar slices on the side..
recipe by SherryRandall: The Leftover Chronicles @cookpad
Soup season has arrived and I am always looking for new and delicious soups that my family will enjoy. Pour the cheese mixture into the stock pot with the vegetables and ham and stir until completely incorporated. This made from scratch Cheesy Ham and Potato Chowder is thick and creamy and the perfect way to breathe new life into your leftover ham. Well, this soup along with Easy Ham and Cheese Quiche are great for using up bits and pieces of leftover Easter or Christmas ham. With potatoes, ham, cheese, scallions, and yummy spices, this soup is FULL of flavor!